Randomly going dark

All the topics related to QLC+ on the Raspberry Pi
hukt

Consistently at least once per show, my entire lighting rig goes dark. I can refresh my browser and immediately have control again.

I'm running a Pi Zero W2. I'll have to check the specific version next time I have it running but it's version 4. It is connected via WiFi and I'm controlling with an iPad also via wifi. I have to reload the browser to regain control. I don't think the program is crashed because I can reload immediately and have control again.

I searched to try and find this issue, and all I found was another thread where someone was asking where to find log files, but had no replies. This should be easy to find on the documentation but from what I can tell there's no page for troubleshooting?
GGGss

You might lose the connection to the data stream on your Pi. Network issues should be the first thing you look at.

But an insight into how your Wi-Fi network is set up might also bring in new arguments.
Are you also using Wi-Fi to send DMX signals (Artnet f.i.) to your fixtures? Wi-Fi access points have a storm control mechanism that prevents broadcast packets from being propagated, temporarily disconnecting the source of the broadcast packets (your Artnet sender) and, hence, the connection to your iPad.

A free app can do the Wi-Fi analysis for you...

[edit] If we say 'we are in the dark,' it means there are no lights at the stage... that is not 'we are out of control of the lights'. Total blackout is the most fearsome scenario an LD can face.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
markzvo

It might be crashing... QLC+ will restart itself automatically after a crash after 3 seconds now. I suspect that might be happening. You might be able to detect this with a startup function linked to a unique scene that only runs at startup.