Intimidator Scan 110

Request a fixture definition here
SPOPATT

Hey folks,

I honestly haven't done much in creating my own fixture definitions as I have been seeing what the limits of QLC+ is in handling large amounts of pixels.

I have been unable to find a definition for the Chauvet Intimidator Scan 110. I would appreciate it if I could get some help finding or making a definition so I can use this as a guide to assist me in learning.

I didn't see this fixture listed when I searched. If I am missing something stupid, please accept this apology. Appreciate you folks for the help as always.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/inti ... -scan-110/
https://www.chauvetdj.com/wp-content/up ... _Rev_2.pdf
MichelSliepenbeek

Have fun with this one:
Chauvet-Intimidator_Scan_110.qxf
(5.53 KiB) Downloaded 15 times

Remark: the pictures of the Gobo's are not correct. Here is room for improvement. :)
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
SPOPATT

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 9:08 pm Have fun with this one: Chauvet-Intimidator_Scan_110.qxf

Remark: the pictures of the Gobo's are not correct. Here is room for improvement. :)
Thank you very much. Exactly what I needed. I feel like I've been using QLC+ completely backwards up to this point. I haven't bothered using any fixture definitions and I think it's time for me to actually use it right.
MichelSliepenbeek

I haven't bothered using any fixture definitions and I think it's time for me to actually use it right.

It is important to understand that "no fixture is unique" (or if it is at a certain moment, it won't take long before it gets copied).
There are a lot of Brands that sell them, but only a few factories that actually manufacture them.

So the clue is to find an existing fixture definition that comes close (a scanner with 16 bit pan and tilt and 11 channels), and then copy, rename and adjust it a bit.

In this case I started with the Fixture Definition of an ADJ Inno Scan LED (the actual credits should go to Thierry Rodolfo).

Just a few tips:
  • QLC+ uses the fields Manufacturer and Model to build the table where (on the Fixtures Tab) you select your Fixtures from.
    Make sure that this combination (Manufacturer / Model) does not already exist , QLC+ cannot handle duplicates (this is not a bug, you just should not make such a mistake :) ).
  • do not forget to enter the dimensions, the Fixture Monitor needs them (a Fixture that is 0 x 0 x 0 mm is smaller than one pixel on your screen).
    As those dimensions (within this context) have no other meaning, you can make use of that to custimise your 2D monitor: feel free to make them smaller or larger if that looks better to you.
  • QLC does not "read" channel Names, so you need to be as specific as possible using Preset and Type.
    If you end up with two Master Dimmer channels or two Pan channels, you leave the choice (which one of the two to use) to QLC.
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
SPOPATT

I appreciate you. Thank you.
GGGss

MichelSliepenbeek wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:52 pm
  • QLC+ uses the fields Manufacturer and Model to build the table where (on the Fixtures Tab) you select your Fixtures from.
    Make sure that this combination (Manufacturer / Model) does not already exist , QLC+ cannot handle duplicates (this is not a bug, you just should not make such a mistake :) ).
Your personal fixture definition will have upper priority over the 'official' one. For this reason, I use '_my' appended to the Model name to distinguish.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore