cameo nanobeam 600

Request a fixture definition here
2628caca

Massimo Callegari wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:08 pm I am reserving this area of the forum for fixtures requests, for those users that don't feel confident enough in the use of the Fixture Definition Editor.

The rules are basic:
  • Ask nicely
  • Provide manufacturer and the exact model of the fixture you need
  • Have the courtesy to provide a link (URL) to the product manual, where the DMX chart can be found
Once requested, a fixture will be created by volounteers, when they have time.
So please don't push and don't be rude.

Thanks
Hi Massimo Calligari,
I've tried to create a fixture fot the cameo nanobeam 600, but I hasn't worked. Can you help me with this?
Here's the link https://www.cameolight.com/en/solutions ... nobeam-600
At the bottom of the page there is a link to dowload manual.
Thanks for your help.
Carles
edogawa

Would you mind to append your non-working definition file, so we don't have to start from scratch, and you can benefit and learn what went wrong eventually?
Flight

Hi Massimo,
would it be possible to include the Cameo Nanobeam 600 in the device list? So far only the Nanobeam 300 is included, but the channels from channel 5 onwards do not fit. Instead of dimmers there is Pan/Tilt Speed.
Version 4.13.1
Link DMX Table
https://www.cameolight.com/en/solutions ... -downloads
Flight

I tried to edit the Nanobeam300 with the fixture editor and save it under Nanobeam600 but it doesn't appear in the device list.
GGGss

Where did you put the altered file? As per : https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-definition-editor you need to put them into your personal fixture definition folder.
After this restart QLC+ so it can rescan / reread all fixtures.
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
edogawa

And you also have to change the model name in the first tab of the definition editor, besides "save as" and giving it a different filename... otherwise it won't be shown in QLC+
Flight

Great, I didn't know that I had to use a different path. That's how it works. Thank you very much.
Flight

One more question. Is it possible to route 2 devices with different channel assignments, for example channel 5-6, to the same QLC+ configuration? I mean, for example, that a signal that the dimmer normally sends on DMX205 only sends this signal on DMX206 for a specific device?
The reason is that I have to replace some moving heads with a different brand and therefore I would have to change the entire programming.
Flight

I'm afraid that would only work if the device itself was reprogrammed. When I think about it, my previous question doesn't really make sense.
Or does anyone here have another idea how to easily solve something like this?
MichelSliepenbeek

You could try Fixture Remapping ( https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-man ... -remapping).
A QLC Workspace is like a Bob Ross painting: "it's your world, you can create whatever you want!"
Flight

OK, it works great, thank you very much. I still have the problem that the value for dimmer, speed or strobe is processed differently on different devices. Can the value be automatically scaled differently when remapping?
Flight

I think in the fixture editor in the Channels tab, for example, the lower value should be able to be limited. But if I enter 200 here, the device is still controlled with 150 in a show. Why is that?
GGGss

Flight wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 4:14 pm I think in the fixture editor in the Channels tab, for example, the lower value should be able to be limited. But if I enter 200 here, the device is still controlled with 150 in a show. Why is that?
This I can't understand ... note that there is also the fixture channel modification tool ... https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4/fixture-man ... properties
Use the DMX monitor to verify what you are sending vs. what you expect to see...
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Flight

I think I misunderstood this function of the device editor. The channel properties would have been what I was looking for. In the meantime I have decided to start programming again, that should be easier. Thanks anyway