4.13.0 it doesn't start

Generic issues not specifically related to a QLC+ area.
Post here only if you can't really find the reason of an issue
animus81

Good morning everyone, I'm animus81 and I use QLC+ for some work with musical bands or various plays.
Wonderful program, up until version 4.12.7 I never had any major problems.
My biggest compliments to all the staff.
Today I downloaded the latest version 413.0, after installation, I inserted the USB-DMX and when starting the program unfortunately it didn't start.
By removing the USB interface the program starts but obviously I can't work with it.
I tried with another laptop also with Windows 11 and it gave me the same problem.
What can I do to fix it?
Thanks in advance for everything
:geek: :?
Imparare è la più bella cosa di questa vita: o impari con le buone o con le cattive! :idea:
Col mio spettacolo teatrale feci ben due anni di repliche, aspettando che qualcuno venisse a vederlo. (MixMic76, Twitter) 8-)
kenact

What USB DMX unit are you using? Do you have the latest drivers for that unit?
animus81

Driver aggiornato FTDI
Attachments
Screenshot_20240326_203122_Amazon Shopping.jpg
Imparare è la più bella cosa di questa vita: o impari con le buone o con le cattive! :idea:
Col mio spettacolo teatrale feci ben due anni di repliche, aspettando che qualcuno venisse a vederlo. (MixMic76, Twitter) 8-)
animus81

I may have found a solution.
the USB-DMX controller when the driver is installed creates 2 devices: 1. in USB controller (universal serial bus) and is called USB serial converter
2. in Ports (Com and LPT) and it is called USB serial port (com 4)

I just had to uninstall the port driver (com 4) and then upon recognition disable the device and everything works again
animus81

animus81 wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:20 pm I may have found a solution.
the USB-DMX controller when the driver is installed creates 2 devices: 1. in USB controller (universal serial bus) and is called USB serial converter
2. in Ports (Com and LPT) and it is called USB serial port (com 4)

I just had to uninstall the port driver (com 4) and then upon recognition disable the device and everything works again
I noticed something else.
After I have solved the problem on the first computer in the way I described above, I turn on the second computer to do the same process and activate the QLC+ software before deactivating the device and... everything works!
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I sincerely hope that the solution I found is at least stable and also that there are no problems on the second computer.

Greetings to everyone and thanks for listening :)
Mautchi

Hello,

This method does not work on any of my pcs.
I have a brand new Enttec OPEN DMX USB and cannot launch QLC+ 4.13.0 nor 4.13.1 nor QLC+ v5

thx for reading
vallin

Same problem for me on 4.13.1 will not open with USB DMX plugged in. If plugged in when started crashes program

Enttec Open DMX USB
Window 11 23H2 (OS build 22631.3672)

Tried all solutions i could find, update drivers, old drivers, reinstall QLC install as admin. Also tried different computer with windows 10
Sometimes you can get it to work for a little bit by hotplugging after starting QLC but then it crashes.

I've noticed that sometimes it shows up but without S/N which i read in another (really old) thread might be related to why it could crash? But im just guessing at this point

Tried older versions of QLC and 4.11.2 works without issues
Mautchi

Hi everybody,

I performed the same maneuvers as Vallin, and I obtained the same results. And like him, my OPEN DMX USB works well with QLC+ 4.11.2
What happened with newer versions?

Mautchi
mcallegari

4.13.x are 64bit builds.
They include also a file called ftd2xx64.dll. Can you try to move it away from the QLC+ folder?
Why do you still talk about 4.11.2? Have you tried any of the 8 versions of the 4.12 series?
Mautchi

Hi Massimo,
Thx for response
I uninstalled 4.11.2 then installed 4.13.1, removed the ftd2xx64.dll file.
QLC+ launches but ENTTEC OPEN DMX USB no longer appears in the list of plugins
mcallegari

Ok so at least the problem is confined to the DMX USB plugin.
What I don't understand is why 4.13.x works on many other Windows installations and some others not.
Perhaps it depends on the D2XX version that Windows installed?
Can you plug the DMX adapter and check if the Windows drivers are up to date?

According to this page the last version is from 2021 so I'm definitely using the latest one for QLC+
https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/
Mautchi

Device manager > USB bus controler > USB Serial Converter > informations : L'appareil USB\VID_0403&PID_6001\B002N99E a été configuré.

Nom du pilote : oem90.inf
GUID de classe : {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Date du pilote : 07/05/2021
Version du pilote : 2.12.36.4
Fournisseur du pilote : FTDI
Section du pilote : FtdiBus.NTamd64
Classement du pilote : 0xFF0001
Numéro d'identification d'appareil correspondant : USB\VID_0403&PID_6001
Pilotes surclassés :
Appareil mis à jour : false
Appareil parent : USB\ROOT_HUB30\4&21bdab31&0&0
Mautchi

Device Manager > Ports (COM & LPT) > USB Serial Port (COM3) > informations : La gestion des pilotes a terminé le processus d’ajout du service Serenum pour l’ID d’instance de périphérique FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+B002N99EA\0000 avec le statut suivant : 0.
Mautchi

Massimo : "Why do you still talk about 4.11.2? Have you tried any of the 8 versions of the 4.12 series?"

Patrick : I have just performed the requested procedure, each time uninstalling one version to install another. With ENTTEC OPEN DMX USB connected, all versions 4.12.0 to 4.12.7-1 work, each time testing a sequence and unplugging the ENTTEC device; As soon as I install 4.13.0, QLC+ no longer starts
u4cigam

I have experienced similar problems on windows 10 with a bitwizard interface configured as a dmx usb pro.

I then swapped to run qlc+ on Linux. The latest version did not install so I had to resort to the previous version. The issues I was having were random blackouts for up to 3 seconds. This happened on two different laptops and separate dmx to usb interfaces.
kenact

I just tried one of my Enttec OpenDMX dongles on Windows 10 x64 with QLC+ 4.13.1.

QLC+ opened successfully and showed the Enttec OpenDMX in the Inputs/Output tab. For those having trouble, you might want to go to the Enttec site and download the latest driver CDM212364. Microsoft does not update this driver. You have to do it manually.

EDIT: I did not remove the ftd2xx64.dll file, which is the same version as the Enttec driver I downloaded and installed. If you don't have the current Enttec driver installed, there may be a conflict between the DLL you're loading as opposed to the DLL QLC+ is expecting.
Mautchi

Hi,

On my PC (Windows 11 x64 latest updates), I have installed the CDM212364 driver.
4.13.0 and 4.13.1 don't start with OPEN DLX USB connected
u4cigam

Update: I searched for ftd2xx*.dll and deleted most of the duplicates.
Now DMX USB PRO interfaces are recognised correctly on windows with the latest version and previous version.
Other observations: I got blackouts of up to 3 seconds when I was running on a linux system. This happened on 2 different laptops each with their own DMX USB PRO interface and different lighting setups.
GGGss

u4cigam wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:01 pm Other observations: I got blackouts of up to 3 seconds when I was running on a linux system. This happened on 2 different laptops each with their own DMX USB PRO interface and different lighting setups.
Thanks for the update. With the PRO interfaces this must not be and needs extra debugging!
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
Mautchi

Hello,

No fix at all ?