QLC+ 4.13.1 release

Public announcements of new QLC+ releases.

PLEASE, do not post bugs and issues here !
mcallegari

Hey QLC+ fellows!
Here's a maintenance release of the 4.13 series.
Version 4.13.0 was a quite big leap forward and, as expected, it required some adjustments afterwards.
This version includes important fixes such as:
  • blackout functionality
  • feedback to OSC controllers
  • DMX USB Vince DMX512 output
  • start properly on Raspberry Pi without HDMI connection
We also took the chance to include new goodies like
  • flash button on playback slider. This combines the usual playback level adjustment with the flash functionality in one place
  • merger mode on HID DMX devices (thanks to the qfulmina contribution)
  • a new web API named getWidgetSubIdList to retrieve animation widget sub-components IDs
We also need to apologize for how we handled the styles improvement. It started as a normal discussion in the forums (here) and for the sake of improving the custom style support, we broke backwards compatibility and forgot to advertise it enough.
For some reason it didn't even end up in the 4.13.0 changelog but the documentation was updated accordingly.
We didn't realize how many people were actually using custom styles!
This improvement also allowed us to offer a premium dark theme which will definitely improve the quality of life for those using QLC+ in the dark.
Please consider it as an official product we can give support on and its price as a small contribution to the QLC+ project

As always, thanks to everyone who submitted new fixture definitions and reported valuable issues.

Join Us:

Your support and involvement are what drive this project forward. If you appreciate QLC+, consider contributing in any way you can, be it through feedback, participation in our forums, or donations. Every bit helps us illuminate the future of lighting control together.

Thank you for your continued support.

Complete changelog
  • engine: fix blackout not working
  • engine: include relative EFX in blackout
  • engine: fix RGB Matrix clone control mode
  • Show Manager: improve resume after pause
  • Show Manager: don't freeze on infinite duration Chasers/Sequences
  • Virtual Console: fix OSC feedback regression
  • Virtual Console/Slider: add an optional button to flash in playback mode
  • Virtual Console/XY Pad: copy presets when cloning (thanks to Hans-Jürgen Tappe)
  • Plugins/DMX USB: restore Vince DMX512 output (thanks to Jérôme Lebleu)
  • Plugins/HID: add merger mode for DMX devices (thanks to qfulmina)
  • Plugins/HID: improve devices naming (thanks to qfulmina)
  • Web Access: added getWidgetSubIdList API and Animation widget sub-control example (API test page updated)
New fixtures:
  • New fixtures: beamZ BAC500 and BAC506 (thanks to Olivier Michel)
  • New fixtures: American DJ Par Z4, beamZ SB400, OXO ColorBeam 7 FCW IR, Pro-Lights Pixie Spot (thanks to Dmitry Kolesnikov)
  • New fixtures: BoomToneDJ LED PAR 7X10W 5in1, BoomToneDJ Maxi Spot 60, Mac Mah FLAT PAR 7x12W 6in1, Eurolite LED PIX-16 QCL Bar (thanks to Cédric Monféfoul)
  • New fixture: Showtec ACT PC 60 RGBW (thanks to Michel Sliepenbeek)
  • New fixtures: Robe LEDBeam 350, Robe LEDBeam 350 RGBA, Briteq COB Blinder 2x100W, Ayrton MiniPanel FX (thanks to Giacomo Gorini)
  • New fixture: Elation ELED B48 (thanks to Xoneoo)
  • New fixture: beamZ PS10W (thanks to Jesper Korsen)
  • New fixtures: Ayra ComPar 10 and ERO 406 (thanks to René Knuvers)
  • New fixtures: Mac Mah Moving-FX Bar, Varytec LED Pad Bar Compact ST RGB, Laserworld EL-400RGB MK2 (thanks to Clément Delabroye)
  • New fixtures: Electroconcept Club Scan 30, Club Scan 120, LED Blinder, Profile 120 Spot LED, Micro Spot 60 LED (thanks to Clément Delabroye)
  • New fixture: Ayrton Mistral (thanks to Masatoshi Fujino)
  • New fixture: Chauvet COLORtube 3.0 EQ Controller (thanks to Fede79)
  • New fixture: Shehds Big Bee Eyes LED Wash 19x40W RGBW (thanks to István Király)
  • New fixture: Fun-Generation Mr. Beam 120 W (thanks to Mariano)
Yestalgia

For those of you who have been asking for a way to flash things other than scenes, I'd suggest you take a look at the slider flash button. It's exactly what you need ;)
TheSunButt

Can you provide build for windows x86. please? It would be great.
mcallegari

No, sorry. As I stated before, 32bit Windows is no longer supported since 4.13.0.
Please consider updating your machine.
TheSunButt

Fine, it's a pity, though. As well as lack of built-in manual.
mcallegari

The documentation can be read online: https://docs.qlcplus.org/v4
Also, I have uploaded a PDF version for offline consultation here: https://www.qlcplus.org/downloads/4.13. ... manual.pdf
Thanks to Yestalgia effort on that
GGGss

* Flash on a playback slider -> Brilliant ... I'm only guessing who's idea that was ;-)

For the novice, you can now easily set a look on stage at a dimmed value and use the flash button to instantly bump up the intensities of the fixtures set in the scene.
I've included a small-stage traditional lightning plot where you can understand this feature.
(Open the DMX monitor in 2D mode to see what happens.)
Attachments
Playback_flash.qxw
(4.96 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
All electric machines work on smoke... when the smoke escapes... they don't work anymore
mcallegari

TheSunButt wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 11:05 am Can you provide build for windows x86. please? It would be great.
For those still interested in 32bit builds for Windows, I have setup automated builds on Github.
You need a Github account and they're not official releases so please use them carefully.
I keep inviting you to move to 64bit cause sooner or later 32bit will be dropped everywhere and it will be no longer possible to build a 32bit version of QLC+.
Thank you
Attachments
shot 2024-06-04 112302.png
ShagLight

Yestalgia wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2024 10:26 am For those of you who have been asking for a way to flash things other than scenes, I'd suggest you take a look at the slider flash button. It's exactly what you need ;)
I was one of those making that request, and I'll b e putting it to good use! :)
NO, I AM NOT THE SOUNDMAN!