Artnet Sync Package

Boyi

It's a feature not everybody is needing, but some devices support it (and i would be awesome for my rgg cct Tubes project, i will share later on a fitting place)

The ArtSync packet is sent after all Artnet Universe were sent to all devies at once, so the devices got the best point to start the action.

I would NOT ad an option (in the first try, i guess this can always be added later) to disable the feature, because it should not interact in any case bad, or has somebody a diffrent oppion about this?

Becaus this would be my first contribution, this a my first thoughts:

After a first sight this call should be here: https://github.com/mcallegari/qlcplus/b ... h.cpp#L209
the code that is doing, should be in the artnet plugin i guess
mcallegari

Before modifying the code, please describe exactly what is the goal and the usage case.
Sometimes modifying one plugin could mean you need to modify all the other plugins because of class interfaces and so on.
janosvitok

It seems that artnet sync works in a way that each device gets DMX in its own unicast stream, and after all DMX packets are transferred, the controller sends one broadcast artsync packet that tells all devices to start outputting the data. That way all devices (hopefully) start at one moment.

I guess the sync can be done only over one broadcast domain (ethernet segment?).

I don't remember how Artnet in QLC+ is implemented, whether unicast or broadcast is used. Nevertheless, the artsync output needs to be synchronized with all output plugins, so most probably requires another stage in output processing (Master Timer). Definitely not a one line change.

Jano
Boyi

Thank you for the feedback,

according to artnet docs:
"A controller that wishes to implement synchronous transmission will unicast multiple
universes of ArtDmx and then broadcast an ArtSync to synchronously transfer all the
ArtDmx packets to the nodes’ outputs at the same time"

I will to further research in what to do and will show my ideas here
mcallegari

Yeah, I know what ArtSync is.
So you need to synchronize multiple universes for pixel mapping?
In general this is no trivial change
Boyi

for 80 pixel led tubes